A b o u t S h o s h a n n a
"O body swayed to music, O brightening glance,
How can we know the dancer from the dance?"
W. B. Yeats
Nestled amongst the redwoods on California’s North Coast, Shoshanna has made Arcata into a great place to call yourself a Belly Dancer. There she has many events, hosts workshops, teaches classes, directs the Ya Habibi Dance Company and runs Redwood Raks World Dance Studio (www.RedwoodRaks.com).
Shoshanna (aka Rose Anthony) graduated with honors from Humboldt State University in 2003 with a BA in Art History and Studio Art with an emphasis on Graphic Design along with minors in Dance and Psychology and a certificate in Museum and Gallery Practices.
Winner of the Belly Dancer of the Year title in 2004, Shoshanna loves training and being dazzled by dancers that show their passion for dance, technique, artistry and musical interpretation. She is proud to serve as dance faculty at Humboldt State University, and when she’s not teaching and dancing she’s usually a princess, superhero, pirate or fairy at an amazing Birthday Party for kids (www.ShoshannaParty.com) or playing with her own darling daughters who are fabulous, creative dancers.
Selected events Shoshanna has taught at:
• Cairo Shimmy Quake, 2018
• Middle Eastern Music & Dance Camp, Mendocino, CA
• Hot Raqs 2017, Clovis, CA
• Kismet Dancers events, Miami Beach, FL
• Mediterranean Fantasy Festival, Seattle, WA
• Rakkasah Spring Caravan, Bay Area, CA
• Belly Dancer of the Year Pageant, Danville, CA
• UCSB Middle East Ensemble Concert, Santa Barbara, CA
• Fatima's Birthday Bash, Sacramento, CA
• Hawaii Belly Dance Festival, Honolulu, HI
• Tatseena's Belly Dance Festival, San Leandro, CA
• North Bay Belly Dance Bazaar, Sebastopol, CA
• NW Raks, Portland, OR
• Festival of the Nile, Orlando, FL
• Shimmy by the Sea, Corpus Christie, TX
... and many more!
Photos by Carl Sermon Photography, 2018